Friday, August 14, 2009

08/14/09 Third Week of Treatment

08/14/09 Things are getting a little tougher for Joe he is starting to feel the effects of Chemo and the Stem Cell Transplant. He is very tired and ill feeling. He has slept most of the day today, we went into the clinic this morning for another dose of the Velcade (chemo) and his shots. They ran his blood test to check his levels. The doctors examined him and said he is doing good so far. Tomorrow we will go into the hospital for blood test and the G-shots. He is still being a champ, but I promised him I would not stay up late and I would come to bed early to be with him and rub his hair while I read so I am cutting it short tonight. We Love you and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Guys,
    Well week 3 is winding down and guess what. Week 4 your half way mark. It's a nice Saturday morning getting ready to go to Kathy's today for a pig roast. Wish all of you could be there today. Joe you are amazing, going through all of this and you are still keeping your sense of humor and being more concerned for how Mary is holding up. You are the man. I look forward to seeing you this coming week, I'll be there sometime Wednesday.
    Well I got to cut it short today, alot to do so. I love you guys, Have the best day possible and keep pushing forward, You'll be Home soon.
    Your Bro
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job even throw you my think other wise! You are stronger then you think and you can beat this! I no you can with all my heart. Just watch the Ram's in pre-season Football...ugh looking ok, not superbowl ready though, but you never know! I hope to see you all very soon and all of us here miss you very much! Oh Patty from bowling that alsp works at wine and sprits says hi and wishes you all the best!

    Love you,
    Nikki, Travis, CJ&Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Aunt Mary, I don't know if you check your email often there, but I made up flyers for horse shoe for the benefit, if you could past them on to people you know who may play.

    FOR ANYONE WHO PLAYS HORSE SHOES MEN & WOMEN PLEASE GET A HOLD OF ME. WE ARE PLAYING THE DAY OF JOE'S BENEFIT AND IT'S $5 TO PLAY. STARTING AT NOON. MY EMAIL IS KOLEY23@YAHOO.COM

    ReplyDelete