Thursday, August 27, 2009
08/27/09 Fifth Week Of Treatment
08/27/09 Sorry you did not hear from me yesterday Joe's not feeling well, his legs have been aching so I was massaging them helping him relax and it got late. We were both already wiped out from the emotional stress of the last couple of days. Joe is also running a low grade temp of 99.8 and has rash all over his body. They took a biopsy of it off his back today to see if it is anything more than a rash. His lips and eyes also look swollen. They want to try and get Joe home next week, so he can be with his family. Besides the leg pain and the rash he is doing pretty good his levels are coming up, today he did not need blood or platelets. Tomorrow if he does not have a fever and his levels are still good they are thinking of taking out the catheter from his chest. Boston is crazy right now with Senator Ted Kennedy's funeral being two miles down the road from us, with five presidents coming to town driving is going to be crazy tomorrow and Saturday. Well I almost made it through the whole treatment without my jeep getting hit in the parking garage, when I came out today there was a scrape in the back bumper, no dent thank goodness. The other day we got to meet the founders of the foundation Secure Harbor, these are the people who sponsor the apartment we are staying in. Tim and Connie Hornbeck, Tim is a Amyloidosis patient who also went through a Stem Cell Transplant. Please take a few minutes to check out the website Secureharbor.org, Joe and I will be big supporters of Secure Harbor once Joe's treatment is completed and he is on his feet again. There also are links on the website to the Amyloidosis Foundation and the Boston Medical Center. Well we hope to see you soon, God bless and we love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, guys. Well since I know what the whole Boston driving experience is like...especially with Tom...it is going to be a mess! I know you will breeze through it because you are a pro now. Just watch those pedestrians! Joe stay strong ... I know you are having a tough time right now, hopefully the leg pain and the rash will clear up soon. We are always thinking of you both and praying everyday for you. We love you. You will be home soon. God Bless. Love, Lorrie and David
ReplyDeleteWe love you! Kisses and hugs
ReplyDeleteNikki & kids
Hi guys,
ReplyDeleteJoe are you itching to get home or do you just have a rash? Joe with everything you've gone through, you have been a champ. I am looking forward to getting you back home. I was wondering what Boston was going to be like with Ted Kennedy's passing. I knew it would be rough with traffic and security. Hang in there guys, you are almost home. I seen Ducan Tuesday and he siad he can't wait to see his mom and dad. He said Todd has been a good friend, but he doesn't spoil him like mom and dad does. I'll see you guys in a couple of days.
All my Love
your bro
Tom
Hi Mary & Joe,
ReplyDeleteCan't wait till you are home with your family and friends and Duncan too!
Love Linda