Saturday, August 15, 2009

08/15/09 Third Week Of Treatment

08/15/09 Well today we had to go to the Newton Bldg for Joe's G-CSF shots it was really tough on Joe. He is very exhausted right now slept on and off most of the day. The meds are helping with the nausea, I was able to get him to eat and drink a little today. Lorrie and I spent most of the day doing laundry and making sure Joe was ok. I give him his meds at 7am, 11am, 12pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm, 9pm and 11pm. I also take his temp every few hours and check his mouth for sores twice a day. If his temp goes up to 100 degrees I need to take him to the emergency room immediately remember he has no immune system right now and his white blood cell count is almost down to zero. Joe's spirits are a little low today, I have hugged him many times today and told him how much I love him and how many people love and care about him. He really misses home and Duncan, Grandbabies, Kids, Family and Friends. I told him a few more bad days and things will start getting better, Monday is his last day of Chemo. Next week will be his worst week, probably Monday and Tuesday being his worst days and then things should start getting better after that. I told him if I could I would take this from him and go through it myself, it is so hard watching someone you love so much, hurt so much but of course Joe said he would never wish it on me or anyone. Well I am going to go I want to go be with him, it helped him sleep last night when I rubbed his hair for awhile. We love and miss you.

2 comments:

  1. we all miss u guys every where i go people are showing support for ya. everyone misses ya and wants u home. Where half way there come home safe see ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe,
    You are winning the battle and feeling the effects of the war your body is waging against the desease you have. I know what you are going through sucks and you want it to be over. You are well on your way home. Hang in there bro, you can do this. You are loved and cared about, everyone is there with you in spirt and can't wait to see you soon.
    Mary & Lorrie
    You two are doing an awesome job with Joe. Your strength and commitment are important to Joe's success and improvement. You are heros and I applaud you for hanging in there.
    Looking forward to seeing you this week.
    Love you all
    Your Bro
    Tom

    ReplyDelete