Wednesday, August 5, 2009

08/05/09 Second Week of Treatment

08/05/09 So we had today off and it was a nice day we did not end up sleeping in I was up by 6:00 and Joe was up at 8:00 for the second time he originally got up at 4:00 and stayed up until 5:30 watching tv. Started the day out by getting the apartment all dusted and wiped down. Once Joe starts the the high doses of chemo all the surface, switches and door knobs will need to be constantly wiped down with Clorox wipes so I try to do this every day to stay ahead of the game. Well I decided that the disability/insurance paperwork could wait another day I will bring it to the hospital with me, Joe and I needed to do something fun. Joe was feeling pretty good today since he has not had any shots for two days so we decided to do some site seeing. We left the apartment around 12:30 and went walking through the park across the street and over to the Christian Science Center which has a beautiful reflection pool. We walked over to the Prudential Center which has a mall in it so we walked around there and had lunch in the food court. Joe had to rest off and on but he did pretty good. We got home around 3:00 and I did some laundry, Joe rested. I don't remember if I mentioned that Fenway Park is three blocks away from us Paul McCartney is playing there in concert to tonight. Our laundry room is up on the top floor (12th) and if you walk out the laundry room they have a roof top terrace, well we went out there and you can see the upper part off the stadium and we could hear the concert. Pretty cool. Before Joe got sick he was running a horseshoe league, tonight he was going crazy because it was the championship playoffs and his team (our friend Bill ended up taking Joe's place) was in it, well they ended up taking the whole thing so that really made Joe's night. Well tomorrow it is back to our usual routine and I am praying the insurance company agrees to pay for the clinical trial we should know first thing tomorrow and I can't wait to hear how many total stem cells Joe ended up collecting. It is Bed time another early day tomorrow, talk to you tomorrow night we love you and god bless.

5 comments:

  1. Goodnight my sister. I love you. XOXO Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning you two..I hope you get good news today from insurance company but always remember that "things work out". glad to hear that you got out yesterday Joe every now and then just stop, take a deep breath and just be still for a few minutes; you will get a boost of strength and energy that will carry you thru, trust me. Well time to get going - a mountain womens work is never done. love, aunt lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe & Mary,
    Joe you missed some intense horseshoes lastnight. You would have been proud of Karl, he really come through when Bill was struggling. I want you and Mary to know I'm proud of the way you guys are handling everything that is happening in your life right now and I want to encourage you to keep one foot in front of the other to keep you moving forward and back home with awesome results. I'm sure that by now you have arrived at the hospital and have gotten the news about the clinical trial. I am going to assume it was good news and look forward to Mary's posting tonight. See you Sunday, we'll watch the race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if you were at the game last nite, you would have lost it of being overwhelmed. I ended up going for a lil bit, but didn't see the last game. It was one ringer after another, just crazy! Everyone played well! Good luck today! I will send you a message from corbin today! We all miss you and wish you a fast return! Muah!

    Nikki & kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Joe,
    I'm glad that you were not there last night. had you been there i'm sure the police would have should up for noise control! all I had
    hoped for myself was that I play well, after
    that what happens, happens. Your team! Bill and Carl,it was like the blues brothers
    " were on a mission from God" FOR JOE!!!
    I've never played better. had four six packs
    on the night, needed two of them back to back
    just to force game three! If was to guess there
    had to be 15 canceld ringers. as good as I played it wasn't to be my night, it was yours!
    Bill played great! realy great! but that Carl
    he had to have divine gidence!! sorry you had to miss it, but next year I know you will be there runin your mouth, and I would want it anyother way.
    I pray for you Joe, and Mary too. and Joe when
    pray rember to thank God for Mary! She is your
    Rock.
    Get well soon,
    robin

    ReplyDelete