08/10/09 Well after a nice quiet weekend we hit the road running it has been a long day today. Joe wore his Yankees pants and crocks to the Stem Cell Clinic today and they were a big hit. All the nurses and doctors thought Joe was very brave to wear them after the Yankees swept the Red Sox in the four game series. I dropped Joe off in front of the Moakley building and told my sister Lorrie to stay with him while I parked the car. I did not want him to get jumped by a ticked off Red Sox fan. My sister is staying with us for two weeks to help out. Well Joe had another dose of the Velcade (chemo) today and tomorrow and Wednesday is the Hi dose Chemo/Melphalan. We also had to go see the Cardiologist, to evaluate Joe's Atrial Fibrillation for tomorrow. He thinks Joe should do okay but there are some risks but he will be there to monitor Joe through the Chemo and Stem Cell Transplant. Joe is having some stomach cramping tonight and we are all a little nervous and scared about tomorrow. I am sure tonight will be a sleepless night for both of us but we have had long talks and we know in our hearts that Joe is going to do very well through this. I will try and update you all over the next few days but I am not sure what is going to happen. If I don't get back to you tomorrow I promise you will hear back from before the end of the week. Joe received a special package today in the mail, Kurt Busch sent him a autograph picture of himself. My brother Tom had written to Kurt Busch's admin (for you non Nascar fans he is a driver) telling them Joe's story and how Kurt was Joe's favorite driver and if there was anything special they could do to lift his spirits, Joe thought it was a prank at first when he seen an envelope from Kurt Busch. I want to take a minute to thank everyone for all your doing to help Joe and I out while we are here in Boston and with all the time and effort you are putting into the benefit for Joe. We love you and keep praying.
Monday, August 10, 2009
08/10/09 Third Week of Treatment
08/10/09 Well after a nice quiet weekend we hit the road running it has been a long day today. Joe wore his Yankees pants and crocks to the Stem Cell Clinic today and they were a big hit. All the nurses and doctors thought Joe was very brave to wear them after the Yankees swept the Red Sox in the four game series. I dropped Joe off in front of the Moakley building and told my sister Lorrie to stay with him while I parked the car. I did not want him to get jumped by a ticked off Red Sox fan. My sister is staying with us for two weeks to help out. Well Joe had another dose of the Velcade (chemo) today and tomorrow and Wednesday is the Hi dose Chemo/Melphalan. We also had to go see the Cardiologist, to evaluate Joe's Atrial Fibrillation for tomorrow. He thinks Joe should do okay but there are some risks but he will be there to monitor Joe through the Chemo and Stem Cell Transplant. Joe is having some stomach cramping tonight and we are all a little nervous and scared about tomorrow. I am sure tonight will be a sleepless night for both of us but we have had long talks and we know in our hearts that Joe is going to do very well through this. I will try and update you all over the next few days but I am not sure what is going to happen. If I don't get back to you tomorrow I promise you will hear back from before the end of the week. Joe received a special package today in the mail, Kurt Busch sent him a autograph picture of himself. My brother Tom had written to Kurt Busch's admin (for you non Nascar fans he is a driver) telling them Joe's story and how Kurt was Joe's favorite driver and if there was anything special they could do to lift his spirits, Joe thought it was a prank at first when he seen an envelope from Kurt Busch. I want to take a minute to thank everyone for all your doing to help Joe and I out while we are here in Boston and with all the time and effort you are putting into the benefit for Joe. We love you and keep praying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Guys,
ReplyDeleteI know in my heart that Joe will continue to do well, he has everything he needs to succeed. A strong supportive wife,family and friends who love him, constant prayers for his recovery, experienced doctors and nurses and a great attitude for life. We love you.
Elaine
Joe, are you crazy wearing those Yankees dudes, those Boston fans take there team very seriously! Hang in there today, I know it'll be getting tough the next few days, you can do it, all this crap will be over before you know it. Thinking of you Bro.
ReplyDeleteHi Joe & Mary,
ReplyDeleteWell it was an uneventful ride home yesterday. I decided to try a new way home yesterday and spent an extra 30 minutes sightseeing around Boston.(took a wrong turn)I saw Fenway up close there are alot of shops and resteruants in the area. I know how to get to the apt. now without having to circle around Boston and past the hospital. so we'll see on the 23rd how good my sense of direction is. I'm glad Joe liked the autographied picture from Kurt Busch. I told Joe, I'm working on another surprise. Hope to have that arrive before you come home from Boston.
Joe, I know you are very nervous and that is understandable. Just remember you will be an inspiration for those patients who will be following your story on the Secure Harbor website. Stay strong and remember every minute,hour and day that goes by puts you one step closer to coming home, to your family and friends who obviously care about and love you very much.
Mary & Lorrie these next two weeks will test you beyond your imagination. Make sure you both take care of yourselves as well as Joe and take a break when you need to.
Remember I am only a phone call away and can be in Boston within a few hours if needed.
Also Mary you will need to go by the office to arrange my parking for the 23rd. See you soon.
Love you all
Your Bro
Tom
Hey mom and Joe
ReplyDeleteWe've been thinking of you guys alot latley.... Things been very quiet around here haven't heard Joe's Vacuum in weeks lol! That's so awesome that that you got that autograph picture, that must of really helped. Well we miss you guys like crazy and can't wait til you get back. Stay strong pops!
Love you guys!
Jon, Jillian, and Jonny