Sunday, September 6, 2009
09/06/09 We Are Home
09/06/09 So we are home it has been a busy week since we arrived on Tuesday afternoon, the ride home took a lot out Joe though my brother Tom made frequent stops along the way so Joe could get out of the car for a few minutes and breath some fresh air. Our dog Duncan was very happy to see us, we called ahead and made sure my daughter in-law took him out before we arrived so he did not have any accidents when we got there. We thought if we both went in at the same time it would be to much on him so Joe went in first and I went next store to see the grand baby who at six months I was afraid would not remember me, but after a few minutes of talking with him he gave me a big smile and he did not forget is grandma and papa. Duncan was so happy to see me he did not leave my side. We have limited company this week Joe is still not feeling up to it and we have to be careful of exposure to germs and especially anyone with colds, flues or any other sickness that are contagious. My sisters came over before we came home and cleaned up a bit, our 26 year old son has been staying here taking care of the house while we where gone not that he did not do a good job but it needed a good wipe down to make it germ free. They put hand sanitizer in all the rooms and Clorox wipes through out the house. When I got here on Tuesday it still did not seem clean enough so I took bleach and water and wiped the kitchen and both bathrooms down and washed all the throw rugs. Wednesday I finished up with the rest of the house. Joe's rash is just about all gone and we think he may have stopped losing his hair, one thing he has noticed is he has not needed to shave at all this week. His legs are still hurting most of the time so I have been massaging his calves and feet and he still does not sleep well if we get three solid hours we are doing good the rest is broken up. My sister in law Dona and me, my son Todd and my niece Nicole had to clean out my mother in laws apartment today that was real hard, her funeral is going to be Friday it still does not seem real. The obituary should be in the paper on Wednesday I know several people have asked, they waited a bit longer so Joe could be a little stronger. We go to the hematologist on Thursday to see how he is doing and to find out where is levels are at. One thing the doctors have told Joe is that it is going to take awhile to get back his strength and I know this is very hard on Joe because he wants to feel better, which he is starting to but he wants to be himself again quicker and it is a slow process. I will be home with him for two more weeks, I have to say I have a great boss and place of employment to stick by me through this and show me all the support they have. I want to Thank everyone who has been involved in the planning of the benefit for Joe, I can't believe it is a week away it seems like just yesterday when the kids heard that Joe was very ill and would need Chemo and Stem Cell Transplant and they said they wanted to have a benefit. I was just saying today that I can not believe how many people have worked so hard at getting donations, selling tickets, getting prizes, food, the hall, the list just goes on my heart just swells to think that so many people care we are so blessed to have such wonderful families and friends and all their wonderful families and friends. We love you, good night and god bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome Home Joe & Mary...it's a huge relief just knowing you are home safe and sound. Hopefully we can see each other at the benefit, which is coming along and the amazing part of the benefit is seeing people that do not know you and Joe - and see the donations that come from their heart...just amazes me...We love you guys...Ken and Pam
ReplyDeleteMar...I just seen this article on line - 8 things that can carry germs in your house; Kitchen sponge - change it frequently; Your bed sheets - change them often and bleach them in hot water; Your laptop keyboard - clean it daily with a disenfectant wipe; Shower curtain - make sure they are new and vinyl not made of pvc; laundry - bleach as much as you can and wash towels and underwear separate; humidifier - clean with bleach often; door knobs - use disinfectant on them daily; Salt & pepper shakers - clean and wash them daily. Now I know you have been cleaning all the time...but I just thought this might be some insight....love you both dearly...stay strong my friend...Ken & Pam
ReplyDelete